Monday, March 26, 2007

Strawberry Tart



Couldn't resist buying those red beauties. I will eat strawberries without dressing them up at all. I love strawberries. My family requested that I "do" something with the huge container I brought home. Had never made a strawberry tart so this was a gamble. It was really delicious. The whipped cream topping didn't hurt. I used the same toasted pecan crust that I had made to go with my chocolate tart last summer. Just enhanced a container of premade strawberry glaze with a tablespoon of Gran Marnier & a couple of tablespoons of wild straberry gelatin to help thicken the glaze. This got the thumbs up last weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger K & S said...

That looks gorgeous!

27 March, 2007 05:14  
Blogger valentina said...

Fran, toasted pecan crust sounds amazing. will revisit your blog for old posts. I also love the idea of Gran marnier in the glaze. Very successful!!!

29 April, 2007 17:04  
Blogger Peabody said...

Beautiful tart.

04 July, 2007 14:55  
Blogger Aimée said...

Wow, looks superb, are you sure this is your first? :)

04 July, 2007 19:18  
Blogger A bit of a foodie said...

What a beautiful tart - it is so perfect looking, it almost doesn't look real! The pecan crust sounds great.
Thank you for looking at my blog.

09 July, 2007 11:31  
Anonymous Sophie said...

We would like to feature this recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

05 August, 2008 09:00  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home