Lentils & Quinoa


I love following the recipes of others. It is a challenge to see if I can create what someone else has created. Do my efforts meet the standard? Sometimes. Sometimes adding my own ideas make the recipe a failure, or interesting or even a success. I also like just cooking with things I have that I enjoy eating and making it up as I go along. Baking isn't as easy when following that path. Sometimes I imagine I can create biscuits from scratch with no recipe like my Great Grandmother did.
This lentil and quinoa dish was one of those creations that included just the things I liked that I had on hand. No special recipe. The bite and texture of the two main ingredients was the start. I added shallots, carrot, mushroom, small sweet peppers and parsley all browned in olive oil and cooked until the lentils and quinoa were still firm in vegetable broth. The result was a success for me. Sometimes not using a recipe is ok.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Quinoa, lentils, and peppers is a beautiful combination.

Popular Posts