Easy Meal


I love cornbread. I like the convenience of mixes and I really like home made. After a couple of days of eating very rich foods, we had a very easy and tasty meal that is comfort food to us. Martha White Sweet Yellow Cornbread Mix and a can of butter beans with those pretty red tomatoes and slices of sweet onion. Quite satisfying and the cornbread always tastes best when made in an iron skillet. This is one of my favorites. It was purchased at an estate sale and is small--marked "3" on the bottom. The small size of the skillet made the slices of cornbread extra thick.

Comments

Hi Fran!

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

Your dinner sounds fantastic. Beans, cornbread and maters! It appeals to my southern roots.

Lovely blog you have!
Anonymous said…
I made some blackeyed peas soup for New Year's and wanted to serve it with some cornbread but I didn't have a simple recipe, so I had to do without. Your cornbread looks delicious (the tomatoes, too!). I don't have an iron skillet. I'll have to look for one.

Happy New Year!

Best,
Paz

Popular Posts