Sunday, April 23, 2006

Coconut Banana Pudding Baby!


Couldn't resist buying this cute little hand of Baby Bananas recently. Should have taken the picture with a regular banana to show the contrast. After eating a few, I decided to make one of our favorites. This dessert would definitely fall into the category of comfort food at our house. It is rich & creamy and if you like bananas & coconut give it a try. Mom always made a version of this minus the coconut & sour cream since Dad didn't like either. It is a simple recipe that can be put together very quickly. The ingredients & procedure are -----------

One Box Instant Coconut Pudding (prepared according to directions)
1/4 Cup Sour Cream added to pudding mixture
1/4 Cup Cream (whipped & added to pudding mixture)
Vanilla Wafers (about 24 or however many it takes to line your dish)
Bananas (Probably 2 sliced)
Coconut for topping
Layer the ingredients as pictured-wafers, bananas, pudding & a sprinkle of coconut over the top

Notes--You can use vanilla pudding, banana pudding or whatever you like. I've made many variations and we have liked them all.

7 Comments:

Blogger valentina said...

I love banana in desserts or similar things. This seems yummy!! I might look out for the coconut pudding and then I will give this recipe a go.

23 April, 2006 14:36  
Blogger Catherine said...

I love it! and so easy!

23 April, 2006 15:21  
Blogger AnnieKNodes said...

Oh my. This is-oh. Wow. Yummy times a million!

25 April, 2006 12:24  
Blogger MonkeyBites said...

i've never tried coconut pudding before, must give it a go!

26 April, 2006 22:55  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

OMG! This looks so yummy. It's simple too which is one of favorite parts of this recipe...I'm gonna try it out this week! Thanks

26 April, 2006 23:08  
Blogger Melissa CookingDiva said...

It is not only beautiful---I am sure it's delicious :) great job! Enjoy your weekend mi querida Fran!
M

29 April, 2006 05:39  
Blogger Chloe said...

OMG this looks so yummy... I need to make this! My dad and I are big Banana Creme Pie fans... delicious! Looks like a step up :)

01 May, 2006 07:07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home