Happy Easter


Hope everyone has had a wonderful day of celebrating and eating. I have been on a sort of self-imposed hiatus. Work & family have taken my "blogging" time. Hope to do more posting. No recipe today, but when I saw these little beauties at a local market I couldn't resist. These dainty little quail eggs brought back a rush of memories for me. I grew up in quail country and my Dad raised quail for a while. I had forgotten how beautiful they are both inside & out. Should have taken a photo of the inside for those who haven't seen the beautiful blue shell that is such a contrast to the speckled outside. This being the season for coloring eggs, I thought it was appropriate to post a photo of nature's handywork.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Fran!

I saw these at the market as well but I didn't buy them. They're so cute!

I hope you had a lovely Easter ... and hope to see you back blogging soon!
Anonymous said…
I've never seen these before. Beautiful. Never had them before.

Wishing all the best,
Paz
Valentina said…
Love the picture. Had a lot of quails egg growing up. I often do not buy them as when I do I can't stop myself from eating them uncontrollably. Shame on me.Hope you had a lovely Easter.
Susan in Italy said…
Wow. I've only ever eaten these as raw yolks on sushi. Never saw the shell. So there's an outside shell that's speckled and an inside one that's blue?

Popular Posts