Bananas, Coconut & Pecans



This was a dessert I made this weekend. Wanted something different and was thinking about DH telling about how his Grandfather made fried bananas for breakfast. This was easy & quick. Made it after we finished dinner & served it warm. Have to admit the best part had to be those pecans! The ingredients were--
2 large bananas sliced lengthswise
1/4 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C Unsweetened Coconut
1/4 C Pecan Halves
2 Tablespoons Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (My new favorite yummy tasting oil) You must try it!
1/4 C Fresh Mandarin Orange Juice

Procedure****
Placed the oil & sugar in a warm pan. Added sliced bananas to the pan when the sugar started to melt. Added the pecans & coconut around the sides of the pan. Flipped the bananas over after about a minute, all the time stirring the pecans & coconut around the edges of the pan to keep them coated with the sugar & oil. This only takes a few minutes to accomplish. Add the OJ right before removing from the pan.

Notes--you can see there is a lot of room for your own variation in this recipe. You may want less OJ or none at all. You could substitute butter for the oil. I must tell you that the coconut oil is delicious all on its own. Make it to suit your tastes. I can see doing this & using orange sections instead of bananas or maybe using some of the mangoes I found this past weekend.

After the last post about tea I thought I would just add a note from time to time about any tea that was particularly interesting. Started the day with a very good Apricot Decaf from Republic of Tea. I could really taste the apricot & it was a nice mellow way to begin a busy day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
OH!

I just about fainted when I saw this. Anything with coconut is my idea of heaven ... and the extra-virgin coconut oil. Sweet!

May I ask where you bought it? Any particular brand you recommend?

Thanks for the recipe!
Fran said…
Hi Ivonne--
If you love the taste of coconut you really must try this. I purchased Nutiva Brand after reading all of the labels. They all sounded good but this one sounded the most "wholesome". I really could just eat a spoonful of it! I got mine at my local Henry's Farmer's Market. I do know that Nutiva has a website. Thanks for visiting me! Let me know if you try it & how you use it.
Unknown said…
the pecans look yummilicious! haven't seen "extra-virgin coconut oil" before and I stay in a region that is supposed to have coconuts --- am very intrigued, wondering what it tastes like? thanks for bringing something new to light!
Anne Stesney said…
YUM! All of my faves-coconut, bananas and pecans. Never heard of extra-virgin coconut oil. I'll have to see if they sell that around here.

The tea sounds good too. I bet it would be great iced.
K Allrich said…
What a sexy recipe!
HappySlob said…
:) I am seriously drooling here - this is one recipe I have to try.

Thanks for such a great blog.
Hugs,
Christina

Popular Posts