WCB


Have missed being here for almost a month. Miss Tilly Girl has been my constant companion and nurse during my time away from blogging. Maybe that explains her trying to get away for some "me" time in her photo. Shortly after my last post I broke my knee--ouch! Am now in PT and hoping to be on the road to recovery. Have had lots of time to think and be thankful for what I had taken for granted--like being able to go into my wonderful, beautiful kitchen and cook anything whenever time allowed. I had accumulated pages of ideas to try and to post and of course, that has all been placed on hold. I have not cooked a thing in almost a month. Husband has been doing the KP. Shopping, preparing and cleaning, plus nurse duty for me. Only once did we have take out burgers and one trip for chinese take out. My wonderful sister-in-law, P, (who is the total master cook) has supplied delicious meals 3 times. Chicken and noodles, turkey and dressing (with all of the trimmings), wonderful spicy chili, and for desserts she has offered up apple blossoms, chocolate cake, pumpkin pie, and spice cake. Our Guardian Angel neighbor, K, made the most delicious pork chops and cheesey potatoes, along with tender tasty muffins from Paradise Bakery. K has carted me from one end of this town to the other (literally) for doctor appointments with never a complaint and always in good humor. My friends from work have kept me up to date on that front. My dear colleague, J, just brought the most yummy peanut butter/chocolate/coconut bar cookies. She "accidentally" made a double batch. My dear friend, C, has been an invlauable liason between work & home and keeps telling me everything will be ok.

My wonderful friends in the blogging world have also been a great source of encouragement during this time. Thank you Dear Paz, Cooking Diva Melissa, Fanny, and Tattum. During those times when I could cozy up to my computer it was so nice to see your kind words.

At this time I have no recipe or picture of food, but my head is full of ideas for the future.
Please be thankful for every day you can spend doing what we obviously enjoy doing--cooking and baking. A lesson learned the hard way...............

Love & Best Wishes To All,
Fran

Comments

Riana Lagarde said…
Tilly looks like a nice soft nurse-what a doll! Hope that you are feeling better soon.
Joe said…
Hope you can recover soon! Cute Kitty!
Anonymous said…
Oh!
I am so glad you are feeling better!
Tilly is such a cute kitty!
Anonymous said…
fran, missing your posts.....I wish you a speedy recovery ,as I can't wait to see your ideas for the future ,rolling through the blogs:)
Kalyn Denny said…
Thanks for the nice comment left on my cheese sandwich announcement. Sorry to read about your knee injury. That sounds painful! Enjoy your cheese sandwich on Thursday. Look forward to reading your blog in the future.
Alanna Kellogg said…
Glad to give you a jiggly laugh today, sounds as if you could use one! BTW I'd forgotten about the old camp term KP. For me, KP is shorthand for Kitchen Parade, the food column I write. I love the two being tied together! Hope you're back in the kitchen soon!
BETUL said…
Fran, I just wanted to thank you about the veggie wash tip you gave in Fethiye's site..Had a quick trip in google and bought it:) Sorry about your injury..All the best wishes:)

Popular Posts