WHB #20



"Hunger pangs for fresh veggies"--that is what I was hearing today. Went searching in the veggie bin and found these--eggplant, purple onion, red & green bell peppers, & tiny tomatoes. We love roasted veggies, so I decided to make the eggplant the centerpiece. Keep it simple today. EVOO in the bottom of the dish, next the sliced eggplant, then the onion, the peppers, tomatoes and another splash of olive oil, sea salt & fresh cracked pepper. Roasted them in 400 degree oven for an hour. Sounds like a long time to roast, but they tasted yummy. Nice & and brown & mushy!

Comments

Ilva said…
Fran, I'm so happy ro see that you are beginning to post regularly again!
Kate Croft said…
Mmm. I'm craving vegetables too, after the two-week baking spree I've been on...too much pie! Those tomatoes look beautiful.
Fran said…
Hi Erika--
Kalyn over @ http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com
started the WHB. She has a wonderful site & you can read all about it there, but basically you make a post about plant material on the weekend. Kalyn says she started it since she didn't have a dog(for weekend dog blogging) or cat(for weekend cat blogging) but she had plants.

I have really enjoyed your posts. Thanks for stopping by.
herhimnbryn said…
A lovely image. Thankyou for leaving a comment on my blog.

Popular Posts